Friday, October 19, 2007

The Turning Point: Stalin's Glad

In the past few weeks, I went on a safari-big game hunting. I crawled through dirt and slime, wind and chime to seek and find games I missed on its first outing. While trawling through the vast expanse of Ebay, I finally found what I was looking for. The crosshairs of my gun settled on Caesar The Battle of Alesia. This was an unopened, shrinkwrapped beauty. Next was Turning Point: Stalingrad. I did not have interest in TPS when I first saw it years ago in Games Centre, Oxford Street, 'cos I wasn't interested in the Stalingrad campaign. Now I am. I saw the TPS Expansion counters, too. I licked my lips as I squeezed the trigger, close to the end of the auction. My first shot flew true. BANG! Right between the eyes. TPS was mine. My second shot did not leave my trusty gun, as the TPS expansion had grown and grown. the second shot would have cost $60+ for a sheet of counters. I decided to let my breath go and release the trigger gently. As for Caesar Alesia, I had to wait for another day, as it ran away as I shot my first shot.

My only prize, TPS arrived today. Man, it is heavy.

No comments: